Saying goodbye to the Blog

Please visit our new website www.mymothersstory.org

If that's the address you're following and you got here, just refresh your browser. Thank you for supporting the telling and honouring of the stories of our mothers' lives.


My Mother's Story Video



My Mother's Story from Bojan Dulabic on Vimeo.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ruth M - actor and theatre educator in Vancouver

Poem written by my mother in 1982
I Am

I am one with the rest of nature
timeless
life-full
child of the centuries
mother of life yet unborn
I am the solid rock of the mountains
exposed
vulnerable
strong in the face of storm
I am the violent hurricane
lashing out
tearing down
I am the gentle breeze
caressing and
caring
those I touch
I am the curious chipmunk
shy and
bold
hesitating, advancing, exploring
scolding, chasing, playing
I am the young bird struggling
to fly
to experience
the freedom of fullness of being
I am the river
running deep
I am the forest pool
the fresh mountain stream comes spilling into me
I overflow - spill out
am cleansed and cleanse
I am Maureen

No comments: