Saying goodbye to the Blog

Please visit our new website www.mymothersstory.org

If that's the address you're following and you got here, just refresh your browser. Thank you for supporting the telling and honouring of the stories of our mothers' lives.


My Mother's Story Video



My Mother's Story from Bojan Dulabic on Vimeo.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Amy W - writer, NYC

When my mother got her first job as a first grade teacher just after graduating from college, she used her first paycheck to put a down payment on a racing green MG convertible. In the subsequent 45 years, she has always owned a convertible, even as safer, more family-friendly cars came and went in our driveway and our family's garage. I think that years from now, decades from now, when I think of my mother, I will see her this way: behind the wheel, blond hair blown back by the wind, sunglasses on, cool, contained, and on the open road in a universal symbol of freedom.


No comments: