Saying goodbye to the Blog

Please visit our new website www.mymothersstory.org

If that's the address you're following and you got here, just refresh your browser. Thank you for supporting the telling and honouring of the stories of our mothers' lives.


My Mother's Story Video



My Mother's Story from Bojan Dulabic on Vimeo.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Shelley K - Coquitlam, BC, engaged to be married, mother to cat Jimmy .

One evening many years ago, I called my Mom to complain about work. As soon as she answered, I dove in, rattling on for over an hour. My Mom just listened, letting me vent. When I was done, she jokingly said “Just another day in paradise!” A few weeks later, I came across a fridge magnet with that exact phrase. I sent it to my Mom in an envelope with no return address. A few days later, my phone rang… and all I could hear was laughter. I knew that Mom had received my package. It’s been our motto ever since.

No comments: