Saying goodbye to the Blog

Please visit our new website www.mymothersstory.org

If that's the address you're following and you got here, just refresh your browser. Thank you for supporting the telling and honouring of the stories of our mothers' lives.


My Mother's Story Video



My Mother's Story from Bojan Dulabic on Vimeo.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Nadine P, a single mother in Vancouver, BC

When I was six years old, my mother contracted encephalitis, while
travelling around the world filming a made-for-television travel
series. As her brain started to swell, she began acting erratically,
and then fell into a coma that lasted several months. One day, as I was
visiting her in the hospital, a doctor told me that if my mother
survived, she would likely be a vegetable for the rest of her life. You
can't imagine how I felt, picturing my poor mom transformed into a
carrot.

Luckily, my mother proved the doctor wrong, and now, twenty-five years
later, keeps herself busy growing vegetables and teaching kids karate.

No comments: