Saying goodbye to the Blog

Please visit our new website www.mymothersstory.org

If that's the address you're following and you got here, just refresh your browser. Thank you for supporting the telling and honouring of the stories of our mothers' lives.


My Mother's Story Video



My Mother's Story from Bojan Dulabic on Vimeo.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Joyce P - singer/songwriter in Surrey, BC

I caught a glimpse of yesterday, another time and place,
I looked into a mirror and I thought I saw your face,
Your eyes were looking back at me, and somehow I could see
Reflections of a gift you gave so long ago to me…

Chorus: You gave me music, and it made me strong,
For when life was empty, I filled it with song,
‘Though our time wasn’t easy, we did all we could do,
But when you gave me music, you gave me you.

You used to say you couldn’t buy me all you wanted to,
Pretty dolls and fancy clothes, like other mothers do,
But when you played piano, and I sang harmony,
What better gift in all the world could you have given me…

When I was only 17 you simply went away,
I never saw your face again, I never heard you play,
So many years I tried to keep your memory from view,
But when I sing, I realize how much of me is you.

No comments: