Saying goodbye to the Blog

Please visit our new website www.mymothersstory.org

If that's the address you're following and you got here, just refresh your browser. Thank you for supporting the telling and honouring of the stories of our mothers' lives.


My Mother's Story Video



My Mother's Story from Bojan Dulabic on Vimeo.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Gail L - Artistic Director, Bowen Island, BC

My mom always told me to imagine her with flowers. She would encourage me to see her taking care of her flowers and, in that moment to capture a mental image of her, because that is how she would like me to remember her after she dies. I think that it is a beautiful thing for mothers to nourish their daughters with a sense of themselves alone on this planet after their mothers pass. It really is so hard to consider being in this world without the woman who gave you life, so a bit of fortitude feels essential and appropriate. I love how my mother still takes care of me in this and many other ways even though I am now in my 40s.

No comments: